Main Worship Service
January 23 2022, 11:00 at Halifax & 3:00 at Glenholme & Livestream
Gathering MusicPsalm 45-B
*Call to Worship: Matthew 11:28-30 NKJV
*The Apostles’ Creed (in unison)
I believe in God the Father Almighty,
Maker of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
and born of the virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
He descended into hell.
The third day He rose again from the dead.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.
From there He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
*Song of ApproachPsalm 66-C
New Testament Scripture ReadingMark 1:1-45
Song of Thanksgiving for God’s FaithfulnessPsalm 107-A
SermonLeaning on Jesus
Old Testament Scripture ReadingSong of Solomon 8:5
The Lord’s Supper
*Song of Blessing Psalm 107-E
*Benediction 2 Corinthians 13:14 NKJV
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ,
And the love of God,
And the communion of the Holy Spirit
Be with you all. Amen.
You are encouraged to visit our free literature table
Psalters & bulletins are in the foyer
A box is available for tithes and offerings
Secondary Worship Service
9:00 am at Halifax & 6:00 pm at Glenholme & Livestream
Welcome & Announcements
*Call to Worship: Isaiah 55:6-9
*Opening Song [singing through the Psalter]Psalm 83-B
Old Testament Scripture ReadingDaniel 6:1-28
Psalm SingingRequests given by the congregation
SermonWSC-Q.79-81: Coveting & Quarreling vs. Fearing God (James 3:13 – 4:10)
*Prayer of Application
*Song of ResponsePsalm 62-B
*Benediction: 2 Corinthians 13:11, 14
A Word to Our Visitors
Welcome: We are pleased that you have come to worship with us at CRPC and Erskine ARP. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Head of the Church, has called His people to gather each Lord’s Day in worshipping assemblies like this. We pattern our worship according to the directives He has given to us in the Bible. We pray that your attendance today will be beneficial to you.
The Lord’s Supper: We celebrate the Lord’s Supper each week. You are most welcome to join us if you are able to affirm the following:
(1) Do you confess that you are a sinner in the sight of God; that you deserve His punishment; that you are unable to save yourself; and that you are without hope of salvation apart from God’s love and mercy?
(2) Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior of sinners; and are you trusting in Him alone for your salvation?
(3) Do you accept the Bible, comprised of the Old and New Testaments, as the written Word of God; and as the only perfect rule of faith and life?
(4) Do you rely upon the Holy Spirit so that you can live all of life as a Christian, following the example set by Jesus Christ?
(5) Do you endeavour to exercise faithful stewardship of God’s resources entrusted to you for the furtherance of God’s Kingdom and purposes?
(6) Are you a baptised communicant member in good standing of a church that teaches and requires its members to uphold (in essence) the affirmations above?
If you cannot affirm all six of these statements, please do not partake. We encourage you to speak with the pastor or with one of our elders after the service to discuss this. It is our desire that you would be able to make this profession.
Parents: You are encouraged to keep your children with you in the worship service. If you would like assistance in looking after them during the service, please let us know and we can arrange something.