Main Worship Service
July 25 2021, 11:00 at Halifax & 3:00 at Glenholme & Livestream
Gathering MusicPsalm 26-A
*Call to Worship: Psalm 149:1-2, 4 NKJV
Praise the Lord! Sing to the Lord a new song,
And His praise in the assembly of saints.
Let Israel rejoice in their Maker;
Let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.
For the Lord takes pleasure in His people;
He will beautify the humble with salvation.
*Confession of Rejoicing (Isaiah 61:10-11 in unison)
I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
My soul shall be joyful in my God;
For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments,
And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
For as the earth brings forth its bud,
As the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth,
So the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise
to spring forth before all the nations.
*Song of ApproachPsalm 92-C
New Testament Scripture ReadingRevelation 21:1 – 22:5
Song of Our Lord’s DelightPsalm 1-A
SermonGlad to be His Garden
Old Testament Scripture ReadingSong of Solomon 4:12 – 5:1
The Lord’s Supper
*Song of Focus Psalm 45- inside back cover of the Psalter
*Benediction From 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12 NKJV
May God make you worthy of His calling,
And may He fulfill all the good pleasure His goodness…
That the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you and you in Him,
According to the grace of God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
You are encouraged to visit our free literature table
Psalters & bulletins are in the foyer
A box is available for tithes and offerings
Second Worship Service
9:00 am at Halifax & 6:00 pm at Glenholme & Livestream
Welcome & Announcements
*Call to Worship: Psalm 138:1-2
*Opening Song [singing through the Psalter]Psalm 73-C
New Testament Scripture Reading1 Peter 2:9-25
Psalm SingingRequests given by the congregation
SermonThe Lawful Resistance of Tyranny (1 Kings 21:1-29)
*Prayer of Application
*Song of ResponsePsalm 94-A & B
*Benediction: (Gal 1:3-5)
A Word to Our Visitors
Welcome:We are pleased that you have come to worship with us at CRPC and Erskine ARP. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Head of the Church, has called His people to gather each Lord’s Day in worshipping assemblies like this. We pattern our worship according to the directives He has given to us in the Bible. We pray that your attendance today will be beneficial to you.
The Lord’s Supper: We celebrate the Lord’s Supper each week. You are most welcome to join us if you are able to affirm the following:
(1) Do you confess that you are a sinner in the sight of God; that you deserve His punishment; that you are unable to save yourself; and that you are without hope of salvation apart from God’s love and mercy?
(2) Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior of sinners; and are you trusting in Him alone for your salvation?
(3) Do you accept the Bible, comprised of the Old and New Testaments, as the written Word of God; and as the only perfect rule of faith and life?
(4) Do you rely upon the Holy Spirit so that you can live all of life as a Christian, following the example set by Jesus Christ?
(5) Do you endeavour to exercise faithful stewardship of God’s resources entrusted to you for the furtherance of God’s Kingdom and purposes?
(6) Are you a baptised communicant member in good standing of a church that teaches and requires its members to uphold (in essence) the affirmations above?
If you cannot affirm all six of these statements, please do not partake. We encourage you to speak with the pastor or with one of our elders after the service to discuss this. It is our desire that you would be able to make this profession.
Parents: You are encouraged to keep your children with you in the worship service. If you would like assistance in looking after them during the service, please let us know and we can arrange something.