AM Worship Service
10:30 am (Halifax, Glenholme & Livestream)
10 January 2021
Gathering MusicPsalm 22-A & C
*Call to Worship: Psalm 98:1-3 NKJV
Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!
For He has done marvellous things;
His right hand and His holy arm have gained Him the victory.
The Lord has made known His salvation;
His righteousness He has revealed in the sight of the nations.
He has remembered His mercy and His faithfulness to the house of Israel;
All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.
*Confession the Mystery of Godliness (1 Timothy 3:16 NKJV in unison)
And without controversy
Great is the mystery of godliness:
Manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.
*Song of the PraisePsalm 117-A
New Testament Scripture ReadingHebrews 2:10-18 & 5:1-11
Song of ResolutionPsalm 22-D
SermonThe Prayer of Jesus from the Cross
Old Testament Scripture ReadingPsalm 22:1-31
The Lord’s Supper (Glenholme Only)
*Song of Blessing Psalm 22-I
*Benediction From Psalm 67:1-2 NKJV
God be merciful to you and bless you,
And cause His face to shine upon you,
That His way may be known on earth,
His salvation among all nations.
You are encouraged to visit our literature table
A box is available for tithes and offerings
Psalters are in the foyer
PM Worship Service
1:30 pm (Glenholme & Livestream), 5:30 pm (Halifax)
Welcome & Announcements
*Call to Worship: Psalm 47:1-4
*Opening Song [singing through the Psalter]Psalm 66-A
New Testament Scripture Reading1 Corinthians 15:1-58
Psalm SingingRequests given by the congregation
SermonWSC Q. 38: Benefits for Believers at the Resurrection (Job 19:23-29)
*Prayer of Application
The Lord’s Supper (Halifax Only)
*Song of ResponsePsalm 17-C
*Benediction: 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24, 28
A Word to Our Visitors
Welcome: We are pleased that you have come to worship with us at CRPC and Erskine ARP. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Head of the Church, has called His people to gather each Lord’s Day in worshipping assemblies like this. We pattern our worship according to the directives He has given to us in the Bible. We pray that your attendance today will be beneficial to you.
The Lord’s Supper: We celebrate the Lord’s Supper each week. You are most welcome to join us if you are able to affirm the following:
(1) Do you confess that you are a sinner in the sight of God; that you deserve His punishment; that you are unable to save yourself; and that you are without hope of salvation apart from God’s love and mercy?
(2) Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior of sinners; and are you trusting in Him alone for your salvation?
(3) Do you accept the Bible, comprised of the Old and New Testaments, as the written Word of God; and as the only perfect rule of faith and life?
(4) Do you rely upon the Holy Spirit so that you can live all of life as a Christian, following the example set by Jesus Christ?
(5) Do you endeavour to exercise faithful stewardship of God’s resources entrusted to you for the furtherance of God’s Kingdom and purposes?
(6) Are you a baptised communicant member in good standing of a church that teaches and requires its members to uphold (in essence) the affirmations above?
If you cannot affirm all six of these statements, please do not partake. We encourage you to speak with the pastor or with one of our elders after the service to discuss this. It is our desire that you would be able to make this profession.
Parents: You are encouraged to keep your children with you in the worship service. Since Covid-19, we do not have a nursery worker to assist you, nor do we have a cry room set up at Glenholme. We apologise about that. Please talk to us if you need some assistance in the future. We do have a cry room in Halifax to which you can take your children and from which the service can be seen and heard.